Here are 5 Things that you can change today to make yourself happier in life.
- Don’t try to please people. If you’re always trying to please people, are you pleased with yourself? If you are always trying to get people to love you, when can you love yourself? Don’t do things for other people, only do what makes you happy. You are your first priority. Everyone comes and goes, but you are all that you can count on. So, why not love yourself? Why not be yourself? Why should you waste your only life caring about what others think of you? Your choices shouldn’t be based on other people’s opinions. If you really want to do something, go for it. It’s your story. Your choice. Your life.
- Never worry about how others view you. People talk. It’s a cruel world. If you keep worrying about what others think, how are you ever going to live your life? You don’t need people to bring you down and make you insecure. You are perfect the way you are. Never change for anyone.
- Don’t waste your time. Find your passions. Find what you love doing, and do it. Time is limited. Don’t dwell on the past. If you waste your time regretting what you’ve done/haven’t done, you’ll miss out on right now.
If you’re always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you’re in? – Nanette Mathews
- Try to slow down. If you are trying to age yourself quickly, don’t. You only get to be a teen once. Make memories that will be remembered forever. Live your life to the fullest. Don’t waste your time stressing about things that won’t matter in 10 years. It’s okay if things don’t turn out the way you want. Everything will come on it’s own time. There’s always tomorrow. Don’t be discouraged if you make mistakes.
- Be a kind person. Lift your peers up. Reach out to others that you think are in need. Radiate positivity. One compliment you give to someone could make their day. It could even be remembered for the rest of their life.
Do things today. Start now. Stop holding off something for tomorrow. Be involved! It’s time to live your life to the fullest. It’s time to have fun and do what you love. Next starts now.
Aimee is a Freshman at Sweet Home High School. She plans on writing for the Advice Section.